> sudarsana narashiman wrote:

> > I am Sudarsan.I tried for TAMIL LANGUAGE phonetic keyboard support in
> > Linux(X11R6).But Linux does not  support phonetic keyboard layouts.

> > The current character displayed depends on the previous character
> > and the current key pressed.

> > Not only TAMIL language all other indian language also has the same problem.

  I don't think an input method is _required_ for Indic scripts. It could
be handy and convenient, but not necessary. I guess you thought you need
an input method because you want to translate 'phonetic' (alphabetic)
keyboard input to glyph-based encoding like TSCII and TAM. Why would you
do that? If you just use Unicode, there's little need (as I wrote above,
it could be handy) for input method because you can make (almost) 1:1
mapping between Tamil letters in Unicode and keys.

  Jungshik