Rafa,

Quickly reading through your draft, I have a few questions:

- Do you mean that the (SDN) controller will be responsible for distributing
the needed information to the end nodes of the IPSec tunnel When you say "SDN
controller takes the role of the Internet Key Exchange (IKE) entity in the
IPsec architecture"?

- Section 8.1: Page 11: Bullet 1:
      You stated that the node sends the first packet to Controller for the
controller to determine if the traffic needs to go through IPSec tunnel.

      Shouldn't the controller get flow protection policy from clients (north
bound interface) and inform the needed end nodes on what traffic/flows need to
go through the IPSec tunnel?

- Section 8.1: Page 12: Bullet 3:
      The controller can't really enforce the rule. but instead requesting the
"End Node" to encapsulate the IPSec tunnel around the flows that need to be
through the IPSec tunnel. correct?

- Section 6, Page 7, Second paragraph after the Figure 2:
      The Controller should send the IPSec tunnel request to the end points of
the desired IPSec tunnel. Also the controller should send query to the end
point to check if they have the needed resource to establish the desired IPSec
tunnel.

- Section 8.2:
      Second paragraph: When the two end points of the needed IPSec tunnel are
in two different ISPs (say ISP-A and ISP-B), your draft states that the ISP-A
controller has to negotiate with ISP-B controller on the Flow Security policy
rules. What information will be carried by those Policy Rules? Since I2NSF is
to specify the data models for those rules, it would be very helpful to
identify the information exchanged first.

      Page 13: bullet 2: before the negotiation between the two controllers on
the SPD policies and IKE credentials, don't you think that they need to inquire
each other if the other party has the needed resource for the needed IPsec
tunnel?

Thanks, Linda