Hi Linda,

I'm happy to change the definition of Consumer if you like - I wrote it to be
as generic as possible. However, since you are asking, please compare the
definitions from three sources for consumer vs. client, and then tell me if you
really want to change consumer to client.

I for one do not - as explained in the last IETF, it connotes "client-server"
computing, and my implementation will be distributed. Plus, client generally
means customer, which is fine for **users** but not fine for other types of
entities (e.g., agents, intermediaries, etc.).

If you do want to change consumer, then I would propose adding a simple
explanatory line, such as:

Consumer:  A Consumer is a Role that is assigned to an I2NSF
      Component that can receive information from another I2NSF
      Component.  Examples include end-users and agents.
      See also:  Provider, Role.

Wikipedia's definition of consumer:

A consumer is a person or organization that uses economic
services<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_(economics)> or

Merriam-Webster's definition of consumer:

*         : a person who buys goods and services

Dictionary.com's definition of consumer:
a person or thing that consumes<http://www.dictionary.com/browse/consume>.
Economics. a person or organization that uses a commodity or service.

The same three definitions for **client**

Wikipedia's definition of client:

  *   Client (computing)<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client_(computing)>,
hardware or software that accesses a remote service on another computer
  *   Customer<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer> or client, a recipient
of goods or services in return for monetary or other valuable considerations

Merriam-Webster's definition of client:
Full Definition of client

1.      1 :  one that is under the protection of another :

2.      2 a :  a person who engages the professional advice or services of
another <a lawyer's clients> b :
customer<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/customer> <hotel clients> c
:  a person served by or utilizing the services of a social agency <a welfare
client> d :  a computer in a network that uses the services (as access to files
or shared peripherals) provided by a server

Dictionary.com's definition of client:

a person or group that uses the professional advice or services of a lawyer,
accountant, advertising agency, architect, etc.
a person who is receiving the benefits, services, etc., of a social welfare
agency, a government bureau, etc.
a customer.
anyone under the patronage of another; a dependent.
Computers. a computer or an application on a computer that communicates with a