Hi Linda,

One more thing regarding how a policy/rule is to be enforced. We see two
distinct requirements:

1.       Static security posture --> The security admin determines what
security policies need to be enforced in their network based on their business
needs (access policies such as who can access what) and/or regulatory
compliance (HIPPA, FISA). These policies usually stay in the network unless
manually removed. In my experience, majority of security policies fall under
this category.

2.       Dynamic  security posture --> Some of the policies may be created but
not always enforced. A security admin may want to increase or decrease its
security posture based on an event. The event could be a time-based or threat
based. For example, a policy is enforced only during weekend or a policy is
enforced only when a DDoS event is detected.

I don’t have any name for first one but the second one is ECA (Event Condition
Action). We wanted to take both of them for interfaces to be meaningful in real
security world. I hope this clarifies our thinking. We can add a section in our
draft to put similar text there if you think that would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh