-------- Original message --------From: John Strassner <straz...@gmail.com>
Date: 7/17/17  7:29 PM  (GMT+01:00) To: Susan Hares <sha...@ndzh.com>, John
Strassner <straz...@gmail.com> Cc: Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com>,
i2nsf@ietf.org Subject: Re: [I2nsf] need some work to improve the consistency
of I2NSF Information and data model: maybe a design team?
Wow.
I have NEVER said that "my" (and it is NOT just mine!) model is architecturally
perfect. I am offended by that statement. Am I the ONLY author on this draft?
Rather than denigrate the efforts of the team that is building the model, it
would be much more helpful to provide specifics. For example, what specifically
is "too hard to understand"? How are we supposed to fix something given only
vague comments like this?
I also object to your statement "Feedback from product groups are that your
model are difficult to understand." I have worked with people inside and
**outside** of Huawei on understanding and implementing the model. None have
said that it is "too difficult to understand".
I have no idea what "something that fits the market, and provides easy reading
by users" actually means. Saying that the YANG is "readable" is a matter of
opinion. I note that, for example, there is no ability of the current YANG
models to provide reflection or introspection. That impacts usability.
Providing insults and no alternative suggestions is not helpful.