From: Aldo Basile [mailto:cataldo.bas...@polito.it]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:12 AM
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com>
Cc: i2nsf@ietf.org
Subject: updates on the capability models

Dear Linda, all,

short update on the capability information model (IM) and data model
(DM) task defined during the Wednesday meeting.

I have prepared a DM that derives from the capability IM model presented
by John that uses the policy and decorator patterns. This model really
improves on the one I circulated last Friday. Despite the patterns, the
model is not complicated.

In the meantime, John is validating it, both formally and semantically.
When it will pass John's validation I'll write the corresponding YANG
Data model.

I also prepared an informal instance of the model that I circulated in
the draft-xibassnez-i2nsf-capability-02 group. This will also be checked
after John's validation, aligned with YANG DM (and written in XML, I guess).

I'll also provide guidelines to expand the DM instance with all the data
that are currently part of the
draft-hares-i2nsf-capability-data-model-05 (IMO, it will be a minor
rearrangement).

When DM and instance will be ready, we'll ask the WG (in particular the
other authors of IMs and DMs) to verify if they agree on the proposed DM
and process the proposed modifications.

Furthermore, I just asked Arnaud Taddei from Symantec to share with us
the additional requirements from a multi-domain-of-administration
scenario he was mentioning during the I2NSF plenary. I'll process these
data and share with you my findings and potential improvements to the
I2NSF capability IM and DMs.

Finally, the new IM and DM implies changes to the capability IM in
draft-xibassnez-i2nsf-capability-02, we'll also align the document to
the changes.

Regards,
Aldo