Hi Marcel,

Marcel Hellwig <[email protected]> writes:
> When I try to move a container to workspace 12 via shortcut below, it
> won't work. But going to workspace 12 (not moving a container) is fine.
> Is that a bug? Did I do something wrong?
>> bindsym $mod+F12 workspace 12
> works
>> bindsym $mod+Shift+F12 move container to workspace 12
> won't work
My guess is that either Shift+F12 does not generate a KeyPress event on
your computer due to the firmware grabbing the key for something else or
another application grabbing it.

Checking the i3 log will reveal whether it detects a key press, see also
http://i3wm.org/docs/debugging.html

There are no known bugs with regards to key grabbing that would fit what
you are seeing and in the past, _all_ of these issues fell into either
of the categories I listed above.

-- 
Best regards,
Michael

Reply via email to