Hi Marco,

Marco Hunsicker <i...@hunsicker.de> writes:
>> I think strategy 3, i.e. refreshing upon SIGUSR1, starting with the
>> intervals from there and still aligning to minutes, sounds like the best
>> option.
>
> But it's only a compromise if I understand the intention of the minute
> aligning correctly.
Why is it a compromise? What is the intention behind the minute
aligning? I thought it’s to have an update at the beginning of every
minute, just as we align on full seconds. This will still be true with
the proposed change. And in case people who use minute alignment don’t
want to have updates during the minute, they should just not send
SIGUSR1 to i3status, right?

--
Best regards,
Michael