Hi everybody,

I was wondering, before investigating further, if the following is a
known issue:

Some applications built using qt5 do not initialize the menu bar at the
top of the window (the one with menu entries "File", "Edit", etc.) when
they are opened in i3 (they do in other wm-s). Everything else such as
docking tools, app-child windows, etc. show up correctly.

This is i3-wm version 4.7.2-1 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.

It is unclear to me if this is a qt5 or i3 problem, so I ask here first,
as is seems likely somebody has seen this before.

        Georg