Yesterday I relocated the original group of 5 Gray Partridge I recently
found in the 250th and J Ave. area of Boone County. The group flew up and
landed about 1/4 mile from me. I drove to the exact spot and looked for 4
minutes before finding 2 birds 60 feet in front of me. Then after 10
minutes I spotted one more. After I got the photo home on the computer, I
spotted one more in the photo. Never found the 5th, but he was there
somewhere. He is probably in the photo. Here is a link that has photos.
The first has 4 birds you can try to find in the field, I did try to mark
them in the photo. Then a couple of better photos.. It demonstrates how
hard they are to find. You can use slide show upper right corner to view
full size:
http://larryd.smugmug.com/gallery/11248864_UeyGA#800338309_ZTkA7
FYI- I stayed there for 30 minutes to photo and in that time one bird raised
its head and the rest never flinched, until scared off by passing car..
Larry Dau
Boone Co
---
Please contribute your sightings to our list; it is only as good as members
make it!
---
Birding channel recommendation for FRS/GMRS radio use:
Primary selection; channel 5/0 , alternate selection; channel 6/0
---
This mailing list is sponsored by the Iowa Ornithologists' Union. Membership
available on-line at http://www.iowabirds.org/iou/membership.asp.
-----
You are currently subscribed to ia-bird as: [email protected]