Subject: activities
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 10:42:20 +0545
From: Tony Anderson <tony_ander...@usa.net>
To: Wade Brainerd <wad...@gmail.com>

Wade,

I have been working on some activities which are nearly ready to post.
Each of them is a significant change to an existing activity. The
question is whether to treat the new versions as a different activity or
  a later version of the original.

The first is BotSpeak.activity. This activity adds the pyaiml engine so
that the 'speak' character can do more than echo the input. It's default
mode is compatible with speak but there is an added tab to select a bot.

It could be released as BotSpeak.activity or as an upgrade to the Speak
activity. I lean to introducing it as a new activity - BotSpeak.

The second is ClassroomPresenter. I have added the capability to create
slide decks on the XO and the ability to add voice narration to the
slides. This activity is an XO version of an ongoing project at
Washington State. While there does not appear to be any ongoing support
of the XO, this should probably be introduced as a new activity with
deserved credit going to the team at Washington State. For a new name, I
would propose ShowNTell.activity. This gets a little closer to the
overall goal - which is to allow the student to create and narrate a
slideshow of their own pictures.

The third is ImageQuiz. I have added the capability to show other types
of questions (e.g. simple flashcards, spelling test (voice clip prompt,
text response, ...). It will also have the Leitner feature (questions
answered correctly will be shown less often). Finally, it adds the
ability to edit or create quizzes on the XO and collaboration based on
the ClassroomPresenter model. Support for this activity appears dormant,
so I think this activity can be released as a version upgrade.

Please let me know what you think about this. Also, do we have someone
who reviews these activities to ensure that the i's are dotted and t's
crossed when it comes to licensing? I really have very little
understandng of these issues.

Tony