On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Bernie Innocenti <ber...@sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 03:12 +0000, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn wrote:
> >

> > And... Why not use Adobe Flash? Problems with the license?
>
> Yes, it's not even redistributable. Besides, there's no ARM version for
> the XO-1.75.
>
> And even if both problems were solved, flash is typically too slow to
> play videos on hardware as the XO-1. On the XO-1.5 it's barely
> acceptable for low resolution videos.

Gnash overcomes the redistribution issue, but not necessarily the
performance ones.

Sugar Labs has friends in the Gnash community we could ask about this,
they've been working (with some sucecss, I think) on XO 1.75 implemetnation
and of course, we do host their PO files for L10n, and have recently
upstreamed a number of completed L10ns.

Just a thought.

cjl