All April 1st pranks aside, the world today has forgotten that France was a
leader in the pre-OLPC movement in 1981 when the *Centre Mondial
Informatique* was brought together by Mitterand, Negroponte, Stallman,
Papert, Kay, etc:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_mondial_informatique_et_ressource_humaine

This largely forgotten chapter of history (preceded by much similar work in
the USA/UK, with the People's Computer Company's "ComputerTown USA!"
centers specifically for children, originating in ~1972) is extensively
documented by Harvard's Margo Boenig-Liptsin.  She's currently researching
the politics of play in the USSR too, for those that want to make contact
with her on this important 40++ yearlong history of "OLPC" :
http://environment.harvard.edu/events/2015-03-30-161500-2015-03-30-180000/sts-circle-harvard

*OK, please join Lionel Laske for this very real Sugarizer presentation
10AM NYC Time Thursday, talking about the future too!*