I hereby propose the motion to update current SL vision statement:

"About Sugar Labs(R): Sugar Labs(R) is a volunteer-driven member project of
Software Freedom Conservancy, a nonprofit corporation. Originally part of
the One Laptop Per Child project, Sugar Labs coordinates volunteers around
the world who are passionate about providing educational opportunities to
children through the Sugar Learning Platform. Sugar Labs(R) is supported by
donations and is seeking funding to accelerate development."

To the new proposed text:

"Sugar Labs is a global community where you can learn how to design,
develop and deploy high-quality Free/Libre Software that facilitates
self-discovery learning experiences and collaboration among young children
of all continents."

What is the problem we are trying to solve?

- Current Vision Statement is not wrong – but certainly is not inspiring or
unique.
- Current Vision fails to define what we do as an output: we provide
infrastructure so that a community of people can produce and deliver
software to children.
- Current Vision fails to identify our unique "selling"
points: self-discovery learning experiences and collaboration among young
children of all continents.

Blessings and thank you very much for your attention.
--
Laura V.
I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org

Identi.ca/Skype acaire