On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 3:26 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Dave Crossland <d...@lab6.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4 June 2016 at 15:25, Walter Bender <walter.ben...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I  am all for raising funds but we need to articulate the reason why we
>>> need them.
>>>
>> To pay for labour to achieve goals, such as the existing translations and
>> finance manager roles and perhaps others in the future; to find out which
>> members are active in 2016; to pay for all travel expenses for all active
>> members to attend a sugar summit... there are countless things you can do
>> with general funds.
>

> Dave - Walter means how we articulate to potential donors, i.e. the
> compelling story I have mentioned. It's a marketing problem and rushing
> through a motion is not the solution - we need to be clear what our vision
> and major goals are, and relate them convincingly to donors.

+1

The strategic plan for Sugarlabs, which should include Vision, Mission,
Goals, Objectives and Tasks can not only act as a roadmap (time frame 3 to
5 years) but also then justify request for funds for said Tasks. The funds
can be through a fundraising campaign or grants etc.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.