The Thirty-First Annual IPA Convention  & Exhibition

Jakarta Convention Centre, May 15 - 17, 2007

CALL FOR PAPERS

 Extended  D eadline, November 30, 2006

The Thirty-first Annual IPA Convention & Exhibition will be held in the Jakarta Convention Centre from May 15 - 17, 2007. The Technical Committee is issuing this CALL FOR PAPERS announcement to solicit potential papers and posters suitable for the technical programme of the convention.

The theme for the 2007 IPA Annual Convention & Exhibition is "PROMOTING INVESTMENT THROUGH PARTNERSHIP". The main theme addresses the need for Indonesia to become more competitive in the global industry marketplace such that it can attract much-needed investment into the oil and gas sector. This theme is also of keen interest to all of us directly or indirectly involved with the industry in Indonesia as we strive to stimulate exploration for discovery of new oil and gas reserves, bring new discoveries into timely development, arrest declining production, develop new and innovative technologies to improve the efficiency of our business and endeavour to ensure we operate in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.

The Technical Programme Committee is committed to putting together a strong technical and business programme of papers and posters to do our part in ensuring the IPA Convention & Exhibition continues to be a well-attended, industry-respected and prestigious event.

The Technical Session includes:

Geology and Geophysics

-    Frontier Exploration

-    Exploration in established area

-    Deepwater exploration

-    Startigraphic exploration for clastics and carbonates

-    Unconventional hydrocarbon plays

-    Technology advances

-    Licensing strategy by GOI - attracting the new players

-    Regional Geology & Geodynamic

 Reservoir Engineering  and  Production Optimization

-    Reservoir characterization and simulation

-    Arresting production decline

-    Marginal and Brown field development

-    New technology to enhance production

-    Recent start-up project

-    Case history - full life cycle

-    Field abandonment

Business and Commercial

-    Gas utilization, domestic and international

-    Stranded hydrocarbon, incentives required

-    Business climate, fiscal term, comparison with other area, incentives to increase

     competitiveness of Indonesia, tax, and other issues

Community Development and Social Responsibility

-    Local government role, regional autonomy

-    Sustainable development

-    HSE issues - new regulation

-    Human resources - ensuring the resource base growth and meeting challenges

     of globalization and shifting demographic

The extended deadline for submission of abstracts is November 30, 2006 to ensure that sufficient time is allowed for authors to first submit abstracts and, upon acceptance, to produce the highest-calibre papers for publication.

Our objective is to put together an excellent programme which addresses the theme for the Convention & Exhibition. We are targeting approximately 100 papers from all aspects of the petroleum industry. The technical programme offers a unique opportunity for multi-disciplinary interaction amongst national and international participants from oil and gas companies, service companies, academic institutions and other hydrocarbon business entities.

Your continued support is critical to the success of the Thirty-first Annual IPA Convention & Exhibition . Please plan to take an active role by ensuring the widest possible exposure of this CALL FOR PAPERS within your company and by encouraging and supporting the people in your organisation to participate in this important event.

ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS

On a single sheet of A4, and submit to the following address:

    THIRTY-FIRST ANNUAL IPA CONVENTION & EXHIBITION

    Technical Committee Secretariat

    Wisma Kyoei Prince, 17th Floor (Suite 1701)

    Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 3

    Jakarta 10220 - Indonesia

    Phones: (62-21) 572-4161; 572-4284/85/86

    Fax.: (62-21) 572-4259; 572-4259

    E-mail address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

1) Title of Paper

2) Author Names, Affiliation, Addresses, and Phones, Fax., E-mail contacts

3) Designate which Author will present the paper (presenter's name)

4) Indicate preference for (a) Oral), (b) Poster Presentation, (c) Either

5) Indicate if this paper was previously presented or published;

    if so, when, where, and by whom ?

6) Type and submit an abstract of no more than 300 words in English

Best Regards,

Heri Suryanto

Chairman - Technical Program Committee

31st Annual IPA Convention & Exhibition