i think it would make sense if ibatis would support something like multiple query processing (e.g. a query executed in parallel on different database clusters. then the abstraction layer should combine the results. in that case it would be handy to specify a timeout to get results back from the most responsive clusters only (-> cancel). but this is theoretical since ibatis doesn't support such functionality (right?). but still - if there would be something like SQLMap.cancel() one could implement the parallel querying quite easy, i guess.

mish

Brandon Goodin wrote:
It is not a funciton that is available. But, i'm not sure why it
wouldn't be available. iBatis uses straight JDBC underneath. It could
provide some functionlaity to cancel. But, i'm not sure how we would
provide the criteria for a cancel. Please expound on "why" you would
cancel.

Brandon