On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:57:07 +0100, Perryman, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>This is weird.
>
>We have WLM-managed initiators on and all JES initiators are normally
drained. WLM service classes are assigned according to the userid of the
submitted batch job.

>If I submit a batch job with a development userid, which gets a
development service class and a WLM-managed initiator, the job suffers the
SA78-1C.

>If I submit the job with a production userid, which gets a production
service class and a WLM-managed initiator, the job completes without
incident.

>If I start a JES initiator, set MODE=JES for its jobclass, and run the job
in that jobclass, it completes without incident - even with a development
userid.

>I think I feel an IPL coming on, assuming we make it to Sunday without
falling over.. Unless anyone knows any fancy WLM commands that might flush
out whatever may be causing this..??

$PXEQ followed by $SXEQ will drain them as they free up, but I don't
know that it will help at all.  Is there any software on your system
that only gets its hooks involved for development jobs?  Have you
tried setting a slip to capture a dump to see if it provides any
clues?  Have you opened a PMR with IBM support?  You might want
to consider doing so unless you like unscheduled IPLs. :-)  IPLing
doesn't guarantee the problem will go away (or reappear) if you don't
know what caused it.

Regards,

Mark
--