Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Skip - updating ShopzSeries is exactly what I had been using it for when
it worked.

If I remember right there are two address spaces DFS and DFSKERN.

I have watched the startup and it looks like DFSKERN is starting and
failing
with a IOEW16075A ... Host name registration failed ..." message. It  then
goes
away.

I can successfully map and access the drives until it does.

 Now if I can get it to register successfully, or not attempt registration
I'll be a happy
sysprog.

Alan