Are you sure about that? I'm 99%+ sure we have a management class which does not have autobackup enabled and which purges 7 days after creation (with no backups), and some others where the criteria is "x" days after last reference with similar behavior.

If the management class requests/requires auto-backup, then I would expect the requirement that there must have been a prior successful backup; but that criteria should not apply if the management class doesn't require a backup.

Perryman, Brian wrote:
Do you have a backup policy in place for these dataset?
HSM will never expire a dataset that does not have a backup copy.

Brian

Joel C. Ewing, Fort Smith, AR        [EMAIL PROTECTED]