The COBOL2 CICS Translator option was removed from CICS TS and then
re-introduced by APAR PQ84313.  It is my understanding that if you use
COBOL3, then you can use either the DBCS or NODBCS compiler option - but
that with "older" COBOL and COBOL2 translator options, you will have
problems with using the DBCS compiler option.

Recommendation(s):
   Make certain that you use a "supported" translator - and if you need/want
COBOL2 support that you have APAR PQ84313 installed.
   Use COBOL3 for translating any "currently supported COBOL compiler"
source code.

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...