Chris, (and others)
we bounce our DB2 subsystems while we do the nightly incremental and
weekly full system backups.  We plan to switch to DB2 Log Suspend/
Resume if/when we get Flashcopy added to our shark.
The goal is to prevent fuzzy backups w/o spending $.  So far we can
still afford the time to be down @ 3am.

Ben Alford                             Enterprise Systems Programming
University of Tennessee                [EMAIL PROTECTED]