On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:35:21 -0600, Paul Gilmartin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In a recent note, Mark Zelden said:
>
>> Date:         Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:17:27 -0500
>>
>> Good question.   The LE (SCEERUN) library in the STEPLIB was
>> "emptied" at Y2K time to ensure the modules from the LNKLST
>> were picked up. Quick fix at the time to make sure everyone
>> used the Y2K complient library without having to worry about
>> missing a JCL change somewhere. So the library is in the STEPLIB
>> concatenation, but never opened.
>>
>???
>
>Doesn't the initiator still need to open it to read the
>directory just to find that it's "empty"?

Hmmm... You're right!   So I wonder why I couldn't find the trail
of who used the data set(s) in SMF 14 records.  Does only the first
library in the concatenation of STEPLIB show up?  I didn't think
that was the case.  I guess I can run a quick test to find out...

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Sr. Software and Systems Architect