From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Itschak Mugzach
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: TCP/IP anomality

Good Morning,

Our MF is equipped with two OSA cards. The following devices are
defined: Vipa, card1 and card2. The Beginroutes statement defines some
static routes, all of them, except one, uses card2. The default route is
also pointing to card2. There is one route statement that defines a
static route to card1. MVS is 1.4.

The abnormality is that if card2 is defined under the vipa, it is not
accessed and traceroute shows that tcp/ip does know the route to the
device (tries 1*, 2* etc). If this card is removed from the VIPA, placed
before, TCPIP access the device. We started to implement VIPA and we
have a mixed environment where some connections use the VIPA address and
some uses card2 address. We plan to fully implement VIPA, but until then
want to solve that behavior.

I hope I explained myself... Any idea what happens, and why?

Thanks for your help.

Itschak