We're the janitor's of IT. Remember why they call him "Dirty Harry"?
That's pretty much us. In most shops that title still commands
professional respect because our experience and what we know how to do. In
other shops, it only means they know how to type A:INSTALL without help
from spell check. However, in those shops it is -not- a requirement to be
able to find your way from the parking lot to their desk without leaving
bread crumbs to find their way back again.

If someone actually gets good enough to stop leaving a trail of bread
crumbs, they're promoted to System Administrator. <g>

Bill

Mainframe -

An obsolete device still used by thousands of obsolete companies, serving
billions of obsolete customers, and making huge obsolete profits, for
their obsolete shareholders. And this year's run twice fast as last
year's.          -Phil Payne-

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
What is a Systems Programmer

Hi, all. I have been asked so many times "What is a systems programmer?
And What is it they do?" that I'm not sure anymore. Especially in
today's environment. Can any of you point me to an article or articles
the would explain what we are and what we do?

Thanks.