The authorization checking in this case is not done by SDSF and
consequently issuing an ICH408I is not under its control.  If you're a
RACF shop, list the resource profiles defined to the OPERCMDS class and
make sure the relevant profiles have the necessary users/groups in their
access list.  For purging spool files, the resource profiles defined to
the JESSPOOL class may be relevant as well if you already have access to
the appropriate OPERCMDS resource.

For JES2, the relevant OPERCMDS profiles will likely be something like
JES%.CANCEL.*, JES%.SET.*, JES%.*.  Refer to the "RACF Security
Administration" and the "MVS Planning: Operations" manuals for details of
the OPERCMDS and JESSPOOL classes.

Greg Shirey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
08/10/2005 08:22 AM
Please respond to IBM Mainframe Discussion List