In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/12/2005
   at 08:00 PM, Ian Metcalfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Of course, there is the issue of WHERE to develop (legally) is an
>impediment.

That's a no-brainer; the companies interested in an open source
project develop on their own machines.

Now, if you want people contributing code independently of their
employers, then you'll have to wait for IBM to offer hobbyist licenses
for z/OS and z/VM; that's not something that we can do anything about.
If that's your concern, then you'll need to make a business case to
IBM rather than to this list.