Generally IPCS is a fine tool - but there are situations where it just
ain't shaped to fit.

UGLY - I'll tell you ugly.
Try parsing a (large) GFS trace for non-matching get/frees - from TCBs that
had a life not much longer than the duration of the obtained storage.
You might be surprised how often the same address pops up.

IPCS was basically no good for the job. I had a (brief) look at writing a
gtftrace filter exit, but it all looked too hard.
Eventually went with filtering the gtf dataset itself, then using IPCS to
format the remaining records to convince the errant (IBM) team they really
did have a problem and maybe they should stir themselves and have a look at
their code.
IPCS proved to be sensitive to the mangled gtf input - particularly the
control records. Even if there were only consecutive control records for
extended periods, if they weren't there, IPCS seemed to give up. This was
of course only found by trial and error.

When/if I ever get a 1.7 system to play with, I'll have a look at that
REPORT command Bob mentioned in another post. Unlikely to have helped in
this case, but in other situations I reckon I could get some use out of the
View subcommand in particular.

Shane ...