We have a situaton where the thread is being killed,so when VTAM gets back to
post ,it finds the ecb  wrong and hits with s0a8,thats why I am want to cancel
the post.

"Edward E. Jaffe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:thomas zupar wrote:

>I have a application program having a APPCCMD command coded with
>OPTCD=ASYN.
>When the execution of the command is over I do not want VTAM to post
>the ECB.
>Is their any command through which I can inform VTAM to cancel the post.

Why don't you want VTAM to post the ECB when the macro completes? That's
how asynchronous requests work! After the ECB is posted, you "wake up"
(from your WAIT) and issue APPCCMD CONTROL=CHECK to find out whether the
request completed normally or abnormally. If you have a single-threaded
design and don't want to deal an ECB, use a synchronous request instead.

| Edward E. Jaffe | |
| Mgr, Research & Development | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318 |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801 |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045 | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |

Yahoo! for Good