From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Flint, Mike
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SUPERC Insights

Bill,

Here's my take on what you are after.

I have two files:

Old one
*******
10 FRED    AAAA
20 JON     AAAA
30 SHEILA  AAAA
40 JUNE    AAAA
50 ALICE   AAAA

New one
*******                 (changes)
10 FRED    AAAA
20 JIM     AAAA         <<<<<<<<< changes in cols 4-9 (a relevant
change)
30 SHEILA  BBBB         <<<<<<<<< changes in cols 12-20 (an irrelevant
change)
35 SHEILA  AAAA         <<<<<<<<< a new record
40 JUNE    AAAA
                                <<<<<<<<< record '50 ALICE' deleted.
----
To follow your requirements, I want a report on any added or deleted
records, or any changed records in columns 4 to 9. I don't want any
report
of lines changed in columns 12 to 20.

So, in this example, I want report of lines 20, 35, and 50.

I use 'Compare Type' = Line, and 'Listing Type' = Delta

My process statements are:

CMPCOLM 1:2  4:8

And this produces:

I - 20 JIM     AAAA
D - 20 JON     AAAA

I - 35 SHEILA  AAAA

D - 50 ALICE   AAAA

... is this what you are after?

You need to include (what you see as) your key columns in the comparison
as
well. SuperC doesn't know that changes in this column are relevant
unless
you tell it to. Specifying only cols 999:1005 means it will ignore
changes
in any other columns - including your 'record key'. Adding this should
fix
your problem, hopefully.

hth,
Mike Flint,