On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:59:52 -0500, Rick Fochtman
<rfocht...@ync.net> wrote:

Ok.  I didn't word things very clearly.
>>QSAM handles individual members just fine so FIND, READ, WRITE
>>and STOW are working under the covers.   Seems like that covers
>>most of the functions.

Here I was just trying to say that the basic functions worked under
QSAM.  I should have addede "to be built on and/or improved in a
QPAM".

>>I haven't written anything using BPAM since the mid '80s ...

Keep that in mind!

>>....   Did BPAM have an easy way to do an "update in place"?
>>If so, I could have lived without that in QPAM.  I assume there must
>>have been more significant reasons than that.

I thought BPAM had an update in place, but I wasn't sure.
I was just trying to say that I would have accepted a QPAM even
if that function couldn't be provided.

Pat O'Keefe