Tommy,'
   You say you are VSAM.

  There is a sub-task for some VSAM functions which is an option within a CICS
address space. I do not think it takes a lot away from the main task, but make
sure you are using this option.

   You could set up a TOR and route to multiple AORs and for VSAM read only
files, these could be shared between AORs. For update files create a FOR and
ship the requests from the AOR to the AOR. You could ship all VSAM requests to
the FOR if you want.

   This will add to the overall CPU but will split the load across several
tasks. It should not require application code changes. You need to decide how
to split the load between the AORs and implement in the TOR the appropriate
routing. You can use CICSPLEX SM to control the routing or create your own
routing exit.

   I thought most users use the TOR/AOR structure now. to avoid your problem.

  I would also look at data tables to try to reduce the CPU load for VSAM
accesses.

  Or you could go out and buy a big engine z10.

Terry Draper
zSeries Performance Consultant
w...@btopenworld.com
mobile:  +966 556730876