On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:00:12 -0400, David Andrews
<d...@lists.duda.com> wrote:

>> I was not snubbed by anyone! I found everyone to be friendly and
>> inclusive.
>
>This old joke once had a point, but now it simply is old and not very
>funny.  ...

I'm guilty "first mention" this time and I'm unrepentant.

I said I was not going to be at SHARE and asked someone to snub
people for me.  Translation:  "I wish I were attending but I'm not.
Greet people for me."

Being a very strong SHARE advocate / bigot, I (and many others)
happily took the term "snub" as a name for typical interactions at
SHARE (which are very far removed from a snub).

An in-joke that is not very "in" and not much of a joke but pretty
innocuous as far as I'm concerned, and significant enough to be
added to the Devil's IT Dictionary as mentioned in this thread.

Pat O'Keefe