On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:41:25 +0300, גדי בן
&#1488;&#1489;&#1497; <gad...@malam.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We are planning two replace two z890 with one z10BC with a capacity
equivalent to the two z890’s.

>T-Rex is currently licensed on only one z890, and Dino software want a
hefty upgrade fee.

>Can anyone recommend a replacement for T-Rex.
>
>We use it for catalog backups and for getting rid of various orphaned files.

Mainstar Catalog Recovery Plus.  This is now a Rocket Software product.
Also there is or was Softworks Catalog Solutions (formerly VSAM Mechanic).
I haven't heard much about that one in a while and not sure if it is still
around or was sold / renamed.

We sure CR+, but I think T-REXX has a good product also.  Perhaps you
can negotiate a LPAR pricing deal with then.  In other words, only pay for the
LPAR(s) you run it on based on their size and not the entire box.   If they
know you are going to replace them, they may be more open to doing so.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com