On 2009-09-09 at 12:17, concerning "CONVERTV to NONSMS error", Jim
McAlpine <ji..mca...@gm..com> wrote to IBM-Main:

> I'm getting the following error converting a volume to nonsms -
>
> ADR497E (001)-CATLG(05), A CATALOG ERROR OCCURRED WHILE CONVERTING
CLUSTER
> DB2C.DSNDBC.DSNDB06.DSNOFX02.I0001.A001 TO NONSMS.
>                          RETURN CODE IS 048, REASON CODE IS EC-128
> the IDC3009I message says the following -
>    *128* *Explanation:* An SMS storage class construct cannot have a
> length of zero.
> which isn't at all helpful.

Jim:  does the VSam file have attributes, such as Extended
Format/Addressing, that requires SMS management.  It might be an
indirect message saying, "I can't catalogue this thing without a
StorClas value."

I encountered this type of problem when I accidentally moved a bunch
of TableSpaces to an SMS pool then couldn't move them back with
utilities.  The solution (used) required them to be re-orged which
creates a new dataset.

---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer
2004