On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:38:07 -0700, John Dawes
<jhn_da...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>I have a problem trying to compile a list of ROLLED-OFF gdg
dsns which were created over the past 3 years.  We noticed that the
dsns were not being deleted because of a NOSCRATCH option used
when the gdg base was created by the user.  I ran a LISTCAT of the
catalog and did a FIND command for ROLLED-OFF and to my dismay
there are over 40,000 of them just for 1 particular catalog.  Is there an
easier way of getting the list instead of executing a LISTCAT.  We don't
have FDR products on this LPAR only DFDSS.  I checked the DFDSS doc
but found nothing yet - maybe I missed it.  Could someone suggest
something that I could try?  DFDSS would be great because I could do a
backup and delete of the dsns but I am not sure as to how to select
only the ROLLED-OFF gdg dsns

>Thanks in advance..

Hey John, I had almost the exact same requirement about a year ago
and at Mark Z's suggestion, I tweaked the IGGCSIRX to include a DTYPE
of N for deferred datasets and then only reported on those.  Now I just
run the report weekly JIC.
It's been a while since I did it but if you need examples I'll be glad to
send you some offline.

Gil.

>send email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-
MAIN INFO