-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Is there any concern when added real memory from 5G to 7G

Apples and oranges.

The only meaningful relationship between real memory and virtual memory
is the paging rates.

Of course, if your system paging rates are zero, you might consider
allowing various applications to allocate more virtual storage which
might have an impact on your auxiliary storage allocations.

CSA and SQA are not relevant to this context. ECSA and ESQA should have
been sized using other criteria.

<SNIP>

I'd been thinking about this. Wouldn't the ESQA increase in size to
track the increased number of page frames (needed by RSM)? This would
push ECSA a bit higher (address floor is what I refer to here, not
size).

HSA will get moved. And it might increase in size (I don't know how IBM
handles tracking of storage for LPARs -- I knew how this worked on
Amdahl 5990-A machines once upon a time).

But other than those things, I can't think of any thing else that gets
changed.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed by this poster may not reflect those held by
poster's employer --