On 16 Sep 2009 14:27:57 -0700, gerh...@valley.net (Gerhard
Postpischil) wrote:

>Ian wrote:
>> Take a moment and participate in the poll: http://www.cicsworld.com/
>
>Like many a poll, it's missing some alternatives, making the
>results questionable. Just some quick additions:  "I'm
>semi-retired, doing occasional consulting work" or "I'm already
>retired" or "I'm retired but do occasional pro bono work" or
>"I'm not retiring, but changing careers (perhaps to politician <g>"

I'm qualified to retire - when I retire is dependent mostly upon my
health, but real estate, gas prices, how much I like working in the
new system, etc..    There are variables within my health - for
instance, if I can't play golf, I won't need as much money.

All of the following (from the survey) demand that I can predict those
variables.   I could throw dice to come up with an answer, I suppose.

Within 6 months.
6 months to a year
1 to 2 years away
3 to 5 years away
6 to 10 years away
More than 10 years away
I'm semi-retired, doing occasional consulting work
I am retired.