From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chase, John
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 8:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS FTP woes

Hi, All,

Here's the output from an FTP GET (userID and DSNs changed to protect
privacy):

.230 USERID is logged on.  Working directory is "USERID.".
.EZA1460I Command:

.EZA1736I LOCSITE LRECL=80 BLOCKSIZE=27920 CYLINDERS PRIMARY=2
SECONDARY=1
.EZA1460I Command:

.EZA1736I GET 'AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD' +
.EZA1736I     'EEE.FFF.GGG.HHH(+1)'          (REPLACE
.EZA1685W Invalid local file identifier

.EZA1735I Std Return Code = 16000, Error Code = 00018

Problem seems to be with GET to a GDG.  Programmer says this transfer
works
if it's a PUT.  I've already checked the RACF dataset profiles, and
USERID
has the requisite access to both dataset names.

Messages manual says to see the IP User's Guide and Commands for info
about
the return and error codes, but I must be blind or worse:  I can't find
them
in that manual.  Further, in reading thru all the examples for GET,
there
isn't one showing a GET into a GDG.  The explanations preceding the
examples
appear to suggest that GETting to a GDG is supported; perhaps there's a
hoop
or two that we haven't jumped thru correctly?

Any ideas appreciated.

    -jc-