Chase, John wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [On Behalf Of Mark Jacobs

Chase, John wrote:
Hi, All,

This is a new one on me:  A started task abends S522 after our JWT
interval.  This task is basically a TCPIP Sockets listener (part of
an
IBM product), and will be "inactive" frequently for long(er than our
JWT) periods of time.

I don't recall ever having seen a started task go s522 before.  Any
ideas?  (It's probably something obvious, but I can't see it.)

Is the program name in the PPT identified as a system task or does the
exec card have TIME=1440 or NOLIMIT?

Duh!  Like I said, it was "probably something obvious".

No PPT entry, but had no TIME= on the EXEC statement either.  It does
now.

You can also "set it and forget it" with $TJOBCLASS(STC),TIME=(1440,00), assuming JES2.

Bob