From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Don Leahy
Sent: 28 October 2009 17:10
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: A modest PARM proposal

FWIW, Enterprise Cobol V4 has finally rectified this with the OPTFILE
parameter and the SYSOPTF dd statement.

(I've never used it...we're still using V3.4).

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Nuttall, Peter (P.)
<pnutt...@jaguarlandrover.com> wrote:
 > I'm also relatively ignorant in this field, but it was a PITA when
I was looking after the  compilers .... ISTR that the PL1 compiler
allowed you to code 'DD:PARMDD' in the Par m field, but the COBOL
compiler did not ... For COBOL we had to get as many of the options
set to the correct site default as possible so that the parm field was
not exceeded ... I always wondered why the two compilers differed in
this way ?