How do you get to the hfs file system files from a windows ftp? All I
see are regular mvs datasets.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 8:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro 12 not displaying OMVS directories
correctly

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 18:32:25 -0800, Charles Mills wrote:

>I've been using WS_FTP Pro between Windows XP and "conventional" z/OS
>datasets for some time now with no problems.
>
>I just tried to access some OMVS files and they are displaying very
>strangely in WS_FTP. If I leave the filter blank, then all directories
and
>files have access permissions (you know, strings like drwxr-xr-x)
displayed
>instead of their names. If I set the filter to *, then the names are
>displayed but folders are listed as binary files with a colon appended
>their names (e.g., a folder named source is displayed as a binary file
named
>source: ) and the cd command no longer works. I can't find a relevant
>option. Has anyone else seen this? What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing.  I bet it's WS_FTP Pro.  Likely it does something
similar to:

    ftp> quote syst
    215 MVS is the operating system of this server. FTP Server is
running on z/OS.

On seeing that the host is MVS, it parses the output of an
NLST (or perhaps LIST) command as if it were generated by
LISTDS rather than by /bin/ls.

Use linemode FTP fom a command tool.  Or some other client.  FileZilla?

-- gil

solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.