In my opinion management doesn't care. Most management have a better understanding of small servers than MF so they naturally gravitate to this. As much as the MF people try to make a case the natural bias of management always comes out, which affects the decision. Also, the people cost is usually hidden in separate buckets so that the people making the decision to move from the MF to UNIX/LINUX servers still get gold stars for saving costs.

Joel Wolpert
Performance and Capacity Planning consultant
WEBSITE: www.perfconsultant.com