Looking at the log, it seems to me that there might indeed be a firewall
somewhere.  It's when you do a LIST that the whole thing bombs.  You may
want to try:

TLSRFCLEVEL       CCCNONOTIFY

The FTPDATA I use (for my client, when going through a firewall) uses the
FTPDATA:

secure_mechanism  tls
secure_dataconn   private
TLSRFCLEVEL       CCCNONOTIFY

I don't specify the 'secure_ctrlconn' but you can always try setting that to
'clear', as well.

Another route you can use is to have the network admins open a range of
high-number ports on the firewall, then you code that into your FTPDATA.
That way, the firewall doesn't have to try and figure out what port is being
dynamically created for the FTP transfer.  It just uses a pre-allocated set
of ports.

Scott