http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rdz/about/?S_CMP=rnav&S_CMP=rnav

> In particular, see the paragraph starting,
>
>  "IBM COBOL for Windows compiler supports development of IBM COBOL
> applications including compiling, testing, debugging, and deploying to
> Windows platforms. IBM PL/I for Windows compiler supports development
> of IBM PL/I applications including compiling, testing, debugging, and
> deploying to Windows platforms."

Thanks for the url's and the quote, Dave A. also sent the page address
where I could see all of the RDz docs.  Curiously, the main docs page
for RDz does not reference the PL/1 compiler doc at all, though that
doesn't matter for my shop.

Sorry, I don't have names for the sales people, though I would dearly
love to see them "re-educated".

In any case, establishing an off-mainframe data repository for
sequential and VSAM data and/or an NFS/SMB connection to the mainframe
for sequential data (and all the associated CPU cycles that those
products require on the mainframe) would still be the sticking point for
realistic off-mainframe testing.  In an already-CPU-constrained
development environment, I'm not sure that RDz provides sufficient CPU
usage savings to justify its cost even with a PC-based compiler, but I
remain open to being proved wrong.

Peter

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.