I'm drawing a blank here;

when deleting sequential files (non-vsam) is it possible to use a DD
reference in the IDCAMS cards instead of coding the actual dataset name
in the DELETE statement?   The example below doesn't seem to work for
me.

Note: it's been awhile since I've had to use IDCAMS and a look at the
guide seems to show it is NOT possible but dang... I swear this was
possible. Sigh, how quickly one forgets things.

//STEP01   EXEC PGM=IDCAMS,REGION=4096K

//SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=*

//INDD01    DD DSN=Q6498.TEST.DATASET,

//             DISP=(MOD,PASS),

//             UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(TRK,(60,5),RLSE)

//SYSOUT    DD SYSOUT=*

//SYSIN     DD *

  DELETE INFILE(INDD01) PURGE

  SET MAXCC = 0

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.