2009/12/7 Beesley, Paul <paul.bees...@atosorigin.com>:
> Thanks Rob.
> Turned out to be fairly easy. Dynamically loaded the module into MLPA,
> wrote a quick program to zap the address into the correct slot in the RCVT.

For a one-off [semi-]emergency situation, this should be fine. For
anything longer term, two things to watch out for are:

RACF's DSMON, and several third party tools will object when they find
your dynamically banged-in address. If you have auditors who monitor
this kind of thing, then you may have some 'splainin to do. For our
products the doc explains this in what we hope is a transparent manor,
and provides the information needed to be sure that a rogue exit has
not been installed.

If you have any other products that also dynamically add these
"static" exits, you need to be sure they all play nicely. In
particular, each needs to be able to add and remove itself in a safe
way that does not depend on starting the products in a particular
order.Compare and Swap is merely the beginning. In our travels we have
only once encountered a truly "difficult" third (fourth?) party
vendor, and in that case the customer did have to start and stop
things in a fixed order.

Tony H.