All good points. However, with batch LSR, a few simple JCL changes should do
the trick. And, oddly enough, the defaults are almost always suitable.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Larry Crilley
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 12:49 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: VSAM LSR

The access method (VSAM) manages the buffer pool and buffer lookasides.  You
just issue the GET(s).

You must build the LSR pool before the OPEN of each VSAM file.  If the
datasets have different data/index CISIZES, you will need to build the pool
accordingly.  Also, if these are KSDS (indexed) VSAM files, you should look
into building separate data and index LSR pools.  Ideally, for the index,
you would want to build it large enough to hold the upper levels of the
index component plus a few for sequence set records.