>Rick of course you are quite correct. The newer portions of Z/os like OE and
>TCP/IP/COBOL are horrendously documented.

How long ago did you last check, Ed, when you were working on IBM Mainframes 5
years ago?  :-)

>Yes I know the COBOL finally put out a M&C but IBM's denial for so long that
>it needs one is totally
>unnatural (at least to me).

You are confused again...we have always had messages and codes for COBOL
run-time messages, since LE came
out in 1991.  Maybe you could not find them, they are (and were) in the LE
Run-time messages manual.

>IIRC it took the combined effort of GUIDE/SHARE to pester IBM into better doc.
>Maybe its time to renew the request?

Speaking for COBOL, we have gotten quite a bit of positive feedback, including
at least 2 different users
who said that the COBOL Migration Guide was the best IBM manual they had ever
seen!

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<