I also agree that you should keep it simple.  Also, remember that the
importance level determines just what it says and the velocity goal
should be set according the type of work running in the SC.  Don't set
the goal based on the importance of the work.  Assuming all 6 service
classes run similar batch work I would set them somewhat as follows.
Remember that this all depends on your shop and what is important to
you.  However, normally CICS, DB2, MQ, and other subsystems like that
are the most important work in any shop; so I wouldn't give any batch
work an importance level of 1.  You might set up a HOTBATCH at
importance level of 1 to more very, very, very special batch work into
(like the CEO's special job :-)).

BATHI and BATWLMHI - IMP 2, Velocity 30
BATMD and BATWLMMD - IMP 3, Velocity 30
BATLO and BATWLMLO - IMP 4, Velocity 30

And, once again, everything is dependent on how your shop wants to run.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.